Tuesday, January 6, 2015

In the Beginning - originally posted May 3, 2014

NOPE, sorry, not a biblical post.  lol.  In fact, probably the farthest thing from it.  This is just MY beginning, or rather, the beginning of my blog.  I started this blog as an assignment for one of my classes, (I'm taking classes to get an Executive Office Professional associates degree).  I've always wanted to make a blog, but, figured, who the hell would read one if I did?  Well, when I was given the assignment, I decided that I didn't care if anyone read it, I had to create SOME kind of page, and I had always wanted to do a blog, so, why not? And, here we are...  Thanks, Marissa.  :-)

"So, what's this all about," you say, "Clutter and Fluff?  What are you, a chicken?"  No.  I'm just fat and messy, I have trouble losing weight and I hate cleaning house, and I'm trying to live healthier both inside and out.

This all started at the beginning of the year.  I lost a child in 2006; Kaytlin Rose.  She was a beautiful baby, the love of my life, as all my babies are, and she left me when she was 2 months old.  I spent the next 7 years merely existing.  I operated on autopilot; I took care of my son, Nicholas, who was 4 when she died, I worked, I got married, had another little girl, Zoe.  I had a life, but, I didn't live; I only existed.

January 10th would have been Kaytlin's 8th birthday.  Now, normally on her birthday, I would spend the day going between my bed and the living room recliner, and between bouts of crying, screaming at the kids, and feeling sorry for myself.  But, this year, I had an epiphany.  I decided that there was no way in hell I could ever possibly LIVE my life if I continued to mourn Kaytlin's death.  Not only that, but, I wasn't going to be able to be thankful for the time I got to have with Kayt if I was always angry for the time I've had to go without her.  That's along time to be angry, and a long time to be on autopilot.  My other babies deserved better than that, my marriage desverved better than that, and I deserved better than that.  It was time to change.

It took a little more convincing.  I'm not an up-and-at-'em type of person.  I have to really talk myself into it, ya know.  And so, right after Kaytlin's Angel day, (March 4), I called and made an appointment with my health care provider, to join her weight management program.  I have been on the program before, under different doctors, but, never have I been this committed.  In the first month, I lost 16 pounds.  My next appointment is May 8.  I think I'll have good results then, too.  In the last 6 weeks, I've tossed almost 15 BIG bags of junk.  I had a lot of shit to get rid of!

I'm almost done, but, I wanted to share with you some things I'm using that are helping to make this easier for me:
For weightloss, I use loseit.com, and their app.  If you don't use that site, it's awesome.  It lists almost any food you could think of with serving sizes, calories, fat, sugars..., as well as store brands and resturants, and a product code scanner (love that!), and TONS of excercises, even stuff like mowing, housework, and sex!  Funny story - I logged sex one night, then was tinkering with my losit.com profile, looked at my profile preview... When you log sex, it appears as "walking" to the public.  So, everytime, I log it now, I tell Kevin (my hubby) that I gotta log our walk.  HA HA!

For housework, I go to flylady.net.  That site has daily emails, and helps you to establish managable and realistic routines.  The Flylady is awesome, because she was just like me, and lots of people like me, in that she used to be hopeless with housework, and then she figured out that perfect is THE dirty word, perfectionism is a myth, and routines are what it's all about.  She also has products for sale, which I am in no way promoting, but, that I really want because I've seen awesome reviews on.

I swear these two sites have helped me tremendously, but, if you know of any others, I'd love to hear about them!

I'm making progress, but I still have a long way to go.  I'm glad you made it to the end of this post!  You are still awake, right?  I hope you'll join me next time!

TTFN
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment