Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Love So Strong - originally posted Sept. 8, 2014

 
 
Nicholas,

I can't believe in just 2 weeks you will be turing 13.  As eager as you are to become a teenager, I'm not ready.  I miss the sweet baby boy I held in my arms, watching you learn to crawl, to walk, to talk. 

I am so fortunate that you are mine, that I have have been able to raise you into the wonderful boy you have become.  I know that as you take your first steps into manhood, your independence will grow by leaps and bounds, but, I hope that you will still allow me to be there for you as much as I am now.  I don't want to miss a second.

Everyday that I see you with your little sister, I am so proud of the big brother you are.  It comes so naturally to you, and I'm glad that we were given a second chance.

Your heart is so big, my son.  I know that in the future, it will be broken, you will find true love, and you will learn about that special love that only a parent can have for their child.  I want to be there for every step.


Zoe,

Your name means Life, and I picked it for you before you were even growing inside of me.  I knew that someday, I would be given the chance to love another precious baby girl, and here you are, about to turn 6. 

You are such a beautiful, smart little girl.  I am amazed everyday by the things you say, the ideas you come up with.  Sometimes I wonder how such a small body can hold such a big personality.

You've given me alot to adjust to this past month; starting kindergarten, losing your first tooth.  You know that I'm sad to see you grow up, and I melt inside each time you put your little hand to my cheek and say, "Mommy, I have to grow up, but, I'm still right here."

I love to listen to you play. Your imagination is a thing of beauty.  Don't ever lose it, and don't ever let anyone tell you to stop dreaming.


To you both,

You are so much like me, at times it's terrifying, yet I want you to hold on to that fierce independence, your crazy sense of humor, and extreme determination. Just don't forget what's most important, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

I have a love for you both that is so strong, it's sometimes the only thing that keeps me going.  The smile on each of your faces has cleared away many clouds.  Everyday, I love you more.

I wish I could slow time, so neither of you would grow up as fast as you are.  Since that's not going to happen, please remember that Mom will always be here for hugs and kisses, and I'll always try my best to make it all better.

Happy birthday, my babies.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment